- Click on the ‘File’ tab. Then, click ‘Account Settings’
- Select the account you want to change (most likely only one account listed), then click ‘Change’
- Fill in this screen in with your information. Your Full Name. Your Email Address, Your Username (which is usually the same as your email address), Your Password. The rest is all going to be:
Incoming mail server: mail.macphersonspm.com
Outgoing mail server: mail.macphersonspm.com
After all those settings are entered in, click ‘More Settings’
- A pop-up window will now appear. Click on the ‘Outgoing Server’ tab. Then, make sure the box that says, ‘My Outgoing server (SMTP) requires authentication’ is checked. Also, check the button directly underneath that (Use same settings as my incoming mail server’.
- Click on the ‘Advanced’ tab. Make sure the ‘Incoming server (POP3)’ port # is set to 110. Make sure the ‘Outgoing server (SMTP)’ port number is set to 587.
Optional: If you check email with multiple devices/computers, you can check, ‘Leave a copy of messages on server’. HOWEVER. You MUST, MUST, MUST check the box below it saying to ‘remove from server after x days’ (suggestion: 3 – 7 days). If you do not instruct it to remove from server after so many days, then your email account will fill up and you won’t receive email.
- Click ‘OK’. Then, click ‘Next’ and close, you’re done.
(http://www NULL.printwhatyoulike NULL.com/)